SoundCloud is one of the most popular streaming platforms. People upload podcasts and music showing their talent. An individual can also earn through SoundCloud by getting monetized. However one needs enough amounts of plays to start earning money. To get instantly famous and start earning, many people buy SoundCloud reposts and strive for hundreds of plays to go viral.
Reasons for Changing SoundCloud Usernames
There can be a lot of reasons that result in people wanting to change one’s SoundCloud username.
Firstly, there have been a lot of years since the initial launch of the SoundCloud app. Many people made accounts just to listen to music, not giving too much thought or creativity to their username. However, they now want to take SoundCloud to a professional level and are not willing to go on with the embarrassing or boring name they had previously chosen.
Nowadays, content creators need to have a social media account on all social media platforms. A person may mainly be uploading on SoundCloud but need to have a social media presence everywhere. Many people want all account handles to have the same username. This makes them more discoverable to viewers or fans.
There are many other reasons to change one’s name. It can simply be the case that one has just made an account on SoundCloud and is having second thoughts about the username. Many people believe that the likes on your track come with a combination of a good username and content.
How to Change your SoundCloud Username?
You can change your Soundcloud username in two ways. It can be changed from your mobile phone app as well as the website. These simple steps will guide you on how to change your username both ways, and quickly.
Changing username from the app
- Open the SoundCloud app on your phone.
- Click on the stack of books or the ‘library’ icon.
- On the screen’s top right corner, click on the ‘profile image’ icon.
- If you are an Android user click on the pen that will allow you to edit. IOS users simply need to click on the ‘edit profile’ option.
- Under the display Name option, type a username you wish to keep.
- Once you have typed the username you wish to keep click on save on the top right corner of the screen to save the new username.
From Soundcloud Website
- Open your web browser and go to the SoundCloud website.
- Sign in to your SoundCloud account.
- Click on the profile image that you have kept for your account.
- Once the dropdown menu appears on the screen click on the ‘profile’ option.
- On this page click on the edit option in the top right corner to make changes to your username.
- In the edit profile section, change your username to a new one that you wish to keep.
- Click save changes below the edit your profile option to save the new username.
If you have a username that you are embarrassed about or have second thoughts about, it is very easy to change your username to the one you love with the help of the easy steps mentioned.