Spotify is a music streaming app used all over the world. It is known for having the world’s largest artists and early releases of their albums and songs. It also has podcast channels which many people are a fan of and can be very informative and interesting.
There are different forms of Spotify available. You can either use Spotify premium by paying a fee for it or you can use it completely free. Although, you miss out on certain important features like unlimited track skips and offline music etc.
As we know that Spotify requires you to create an account for its operations therefore you must have an account on it. But many people forget their passwords so naturally if they want to login anywhere else their main question is how to change Spotify password? So that they can access their old playlists and stream their favorite songs.
Here is how you can change and reset your password on Spotify:
Changing Your Password
You can change your Spotify password by the following steps:
- Whether you are on your Android or IOS phone or Mac or Windows laptop. Go to your browser application and open the Spotify webpage
- Login to your ID by providing the old password and username
- You will see a password change page. Click or press on that to open it
- There will be a menu box saying ‘current password’. Write the password that you are using at that time
- There will be another dialogue box below it saying ‘new password’ with another one that reads ‘repeat new password’
- Enter the password that you want to update in both the boxes
- Click on ‘set new password’
In this way your password is successfully changed to a new password.
However, in case you completely forget your password you can also reset it:
Resetting the Password
To completely reset the password follow these instructions:
- Go to your Spotify webpage to the menu where you are asked to login to your account
- Click on the ‘password reset’ from there to set a new password
- Either enter your email or username in the a box which asks for it and press send
- An email will be sent to your email address from Spotify which will be titled as ‘reset your password’
- Open the email and find the link provided in it. Click on the link and it will redirect you to another page
- Here you can add your new password in ‘new password’ box and then type it again in ‘repeat new password’ box
- Then press on ‘set password’
And now you can use your newly set password to login your Spotify account on your devices. In some cases the email does not show up. In that case, you can go tour span or trash folder and might find the mail there. Or you can request for the mail to be sent again and then access it from there.
You may also like to see : How to Change Your Spotify Username?
Boost your visibility on Spotify through following Spotify services: