If you are operating any account like any music app such as Spotify, TIDAL and apple, etc. you have to use the specific username for operating them. Your user name for any account is your identification. It builds a digital profile about you. But there are two ways to operate any app. One is you start using the app by connecting it with Facebook or any other account. In that case, your user name on the app is the same as on Facebook. But sometimes people want to change their username. They want one differently to make it personalized or according to their choice. Maybe they want only specific people to access their account. Use of the same user name on different platforms can help other people to trace you and some malicious can also make your online profile. So what will you do if you want to change the user name on Spotify? There are different ways of changing the username or adding display name on Spotify on iPhones, Androids, and on computers.
How To Change Your Spotify Username On The Computer?
- Open Spotify
- Click on the down arrow which is located right near your profile picture and name
- The drop-down menu will appear
- Click settings option
- A setting page will appear
- Scroll down to the social section
- A blue button will appear ‘’connect to Facebook’’
- Click this button a pop up will come
- Enter your name and password to use Facebook account
- Then click the login to link with Facebook account
How to Change Your Spotify Username In The Mobile?
- open the Spotify app
- tap the gear icon on the upper right corner
- setting page will appear
- scroll down to the social tab
- tab to open it
- connect to Facebook option is given at the bottom of the page
- Click on it.
- A pop up will appear that Spotify wants to use your Facebook account click continue to proceed
So changing the username on Facebook will change the Spotify username. Otherwise, another way is adding a display name. It will don’t change your username but the name which shows to the people will change. But this change can only be done on mobiles. Following are the steps which show how to add a display name
- Open the app on mobile
- Log in to your account
- Tap the gear icon on the upper right corner
- A dialogue box setting will appear
- At the top of the setting page, your name is written
- Below your name there is a view profile option
- On the next page edit profile, the option will appear under your name and picture
- Change your display name and profile pic
- On the top right corner, there is a save button
- Click on the save button to save the changes
Otherwise, in the end, you can ask spotify for your help. They may transfer your information new account. Then you will create a username according to your choice. But your playlist and the people who follow you remain as it is.