When you use YouTube just to watch videos more, you often ignore your channel URL. However, when you start your own channel and become a renowned brand, then you need to change the URL of the channel. At the start, your URL is based on the user number, but after gaining fame, you can make some specific URLs for your channel. Below we’ll discuss the process of changing the custom URL again.
Why URL Need to be Changed?
When your channel gains YouTube subscribers, and your content gets a high number of views, you need to give your channel a new name and URL. Make the link of your choice for channel advertisements, enhancing awareness of your brand, or for buy comments. It is very beneficial to use the same name for your brand that is viral on other social media platforms. In this way, people can reach you without any issue.
Difference Between YouTube By-Default URL and Custom URL
The channel having a by-default URL has long strings of numbers and letters. People find it difficult to remember and search the specific channel. On the other hand, a custom URL is easy to read and shows your channel correctly to other users.
Who Can Change the URL on YouTube?
YouTube will allow changing your URL on YouTube if you and your channel meet the following criteria.
- The channel has a minimum of 100 or more subscribers.
- The channel should be 30 days old.
- There should be a photo of your channel
- The channel art should also be uploaded.
If you want a unique URL for your channel, it’s time to customize it. But for this, you have to give your channel a new name for changing the custom URL. Following are the steps which will tell you how you can check that either you are eligible for changing the custom URL and how to change the custom URL:
- At the top right of your YouTube account, click on the profile of yours
- Move to the settings option in the drop-down menu
- By clicking on the setting, you will be taken to the other drop-down menu; click on the advanced setting.
- Here click on the last option named as advanced setting
- By clicking on the advanced setting, move down to the channel setting option
- Click on it then you will see a sentence “you are eligible for custom URL”
How to Change the YouTube URL?
Once you confirm your eligibility, it’s time to customize the URL to get subscribers.
- Open the YouTube account and go to the About Me page
- Select your channel option present at the top right corner of the YouTube
- Search your custom URL under the site section
- Here you can change your custom URL by clicking on the edit button.
- Click the X button, then press ok to confirm your current URL
- In this way, you can make your new custom URL for your channel
- You can change the custom URL of your channel three times a year.
It has been cleared that if you meet the prescribed criteria, then you can change the custom URL. There is a difference between the custom URL and the by-default URL. If you are getting viral on YouTube, it is better to change the URL, making your recognition easy and boosting your popularity to the next level.