If you don’t know about TikTok, you are missing out on a major social media wave going around in this decade. TikTok is a short video-sharing platform developed by the Chinese and was popular in the USA in 2018. Remember Vine?
TikTok is kind of like Vine but way better and with more features. On TikTok, users can share anything in a 15 seconds video, and in those 15 seconds, you can be as creative as you want to be.
Some of the most common videos on TikTok are comedic skits, lip-syncing, dancing, etc. Other than sharing videos, you can add filters, music, and animations and make your video way more fun. Like other social media apps, you can follow your favorite content creators, like your friends TikToks or increase your likes by following different trends and hashtags. Here’s how you can keep up with the TikTok trends.
Can Be A Toxic Place, Sometimes
TikTok has a lot to offer, but sometimes it can be a bit toxic given that it is a social media platform where like every other platform, people present their best selves and in most cases, they are not like how they show their users they are in real life. Like every other social media app, Creators can hide what they want from their followers and show them what their fans want to see.
So, if you think you are using excessive TikTok or for any other reason, you want to delete your account. Follow some simple steps and get the job done.
- Go to your TikTok app and click on your profile.
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner of your screen.
- Then, Click on Settings and Privacy.
- Under the Account, click on Manage Account.
- Now, under Account control, click on Delete account.
- Select the reason for deleting your TikTok account. You can also skip this process.
- Now, agree to the terms by selecting the option at the bottom of your screen and clicking Continue.
- Some details will appear about deleting your account. Click Continue.
- Now, enter your TikTok account password and click on Delete account.
- Confirm your decision with another pop-up by clicking on the delete option.
- You will be logged out of your account and now you can delete or uninstall the app too.
The perfect personalities that influencers portray on their social media can make teenagers and many of their followers insecure about themselves and it is an unhealthy experience where they start comparing themselves to others. Other than that TikTok For You Page works to show you what you want to see. The genre of videos that you spent more time on are mostly shown on your feed. TikTok algorithm is designed to make you engaged and invested in your never-ending scroll. This AI can help social media in their business growing but it is not good for the users as it makes them less productive. This makes teenagers get addicted to the app and it affects their everyday life.