YouTube is the largest video-sharing social media where users can upload videos of different kinds targeting a specific audience. These apps allow users to create content on their own or watch content. It has become a source of income for thousands. Uploading videos well-liked by the audience results helps them gain YouTube subscribers and get YouTube video views likes
A person likes a YouTube video when they admire the content of the video they are watching. The purpose of liking is to show your support to that channel and get similar videos in your recommendations.
Why Some Remove Liked Videos?
There could be many reasons why people want to remove their liked videos. They would want to clear their liked playlist, or they may find that the videos they previously liked weren’t good at all so it is not fair to give them likes.
However, the main reason is that when you like a YouTube video or several videos, the YouTube algorithm is such that it will start recommending you a lot of videos similar to the one that you have liked. This may cause some irritation if you are not interested in the videos you liked previously. Due to these reasons, many users try removing such videos from their history because this way, they can prevent YouTube from recommending similar videos again and again.
How to Remove Liked Videos on YouTube?
It can often be a hassle how to remove the liked videos on YouTube as you will have to go on every video to unlike them, fortunately, there are other options to delete the whole list, or the selective one within a few clicks on YouTube. This step-by-step process will guide you in removing liked videos without making much effort.
Method 1: Within Youtube App
- Go to the YouTube app.
- Click on the ‘hamburger’ icon to your top left.
- Tap on ‘Liked videos’, it will show all the videos that you have liked.
- Place the cursor on the video you wish to remove from the like list.
- Click on the three dots that will appear and tap ‘remove from liked videos.’
- Refresh the page to see the results and repeat the process if you wish to remove more liked videos.
This option is recommended for you if you want to remove a few liked videos. But if you want to remove complete list, then the next tip work for you.
Method 2: By Using Google Activity
There is also another way to remove liked videos.
- Open google chrome and go to myactivity.google.com.
- Log in to your google account.
- One the menu to your left click ‘Other Google Activity.
- You will find ‘YouTube likes and dislikes’ by scrolling down, click on that.
- Tap ‘View likes and dislikes
- Click ‘delete all’ on the left if you do not want to delete all of them, or you can select a few of them.
- Click delete again when asked for confirmation.
If you want to remove videos from the liked list to save you from irrelevant recommendations, try the most suitable way for you from the given methods.