You may have noticed that some songs are automatically added to your Spotify playlist and you start wondering why and how you can stop it. This is the feature that annoys a lot of people because they only want to hear the music they like, not Spotify’s suggestions. Usually, it happens when you have less than fifteen songs in your playlist, Spotify will automatically add more songs to encourage you to like and favor more songs in the app. They also note that this is the only case from the free version of Spotify.
Why does it happen?
The song suggestions are automatically shown in the free app to increase the number of plays and shares. If you have this free version of Spotify and you are noticing this issue where it shows song suggestions, you can go for a simple solution by adding more songs to your playlist so you have at least 15 songs in there.
- Go back to your Spotify app and tap on the library where you can see that the most played songs of your playlists in streams will have only a few songs in them. So you need to add a few songs by finding an artist that you like or a playlist.
- You can just select and add the songs.
Adding Songs to the Playlist
If you want to add the songs to your likes and favorites playlist, you can do it super quickly by swiping left on each song to select the heart icon to add it to your playlist. Otherwise, if you are adding it to one of the other playlists, you need to select the three dots on the right-hand side and click add to the playlist.
- After clicking it, select the playlist you want to add it to. This is a quite simple and fast method to add more songs to your playlist to ignore the auto song suggestions. And you can just repeat this process until you have 15 songs in your playlist.
- After you add more songs to your playlist, go back to the library and open the playlist where you added up all to all of your songs, you will notice your fifteen songs listed and Spotify shouldn’t be flagged to add additional songs to your playlist because you meet their requirements and that’s how to turn off suggested songs on Spotify.
How to remove song suggestions on various devices?
- Launch Spotify on your computer and log in to your account . Move the cursor to the point saying the “name” on the top right of the screen, select settings by tapping the arrow button.
- Keep scrolling down, until you see the ‘Auto play’ selection.
- You need to disable the option of ‘auto-play similar songs when your music ends’.
- This will stop auto-playing of random music on Spotify.
- Launch the Spotify app and make sure that you are logged in.
- Move the cursor to the top right of the Spotify homepage screen and tap on the ‘settings’ button.
- Keep on scrolling down until you see the Playback option.
- Keep scrolling until you find Auto-play option and make sure you disable it.
Some other helpful guides for you: