In a world where people prefer streaming apps to listen to music rather than their phone’s own music player by downloading songs, Spotify is the one that most of them opt for.
It is the largest music streaming platform in the world and is very easy and intuitive to use. It has thousands of music producers and the biggest names in the world with millions of active users that stream and like the songs.
Spotify has its working conditions. If there is a software barrier between Spotify and the device you are using, there are many chances that it won’t work the way it is supposed to do.
A very common issue that many desktop users face in Spotify is that when they migrate their data to Spotify they get a dialogue box with “Spotify failed to migrate some of your data.”
Why Does Spotify Fail to Migrate a Little Bit of Your Data?
In some cases, Spotify fails to migrate your data and as mentioned above this is only faced by desktop users. There is no valid reason as to why this problem occurs. Most of the time the users that have activated or bought windows directly from the windows store face this problem and the others don’t. However, the reason clarified or not but following these steps you can solve this problem.
Fixing This Issue
To fix this issue simply follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, you have to completely turn off Spotify. Go to the task manager of your computer and under the heading of processes navigate to find the Spotify application. Shut it down from there.
- Now go to the folder where you have Spotify installed on your computer. Once you have reached the folder make sure to completely delete all the folders that have Spotify written on them.
- Go to the app data folder and open the folder called local, from there go to the packages folder. You will find another file labeled Spotify there. Delete that too.
- Completely uninstall Spotify from your computer.
- After that install, the specific version of Spotify has been made for windows and hopefully, the problem will be solved when you reinstall it.
- If for some reason it doesn’t work even after all this. Log out of your Spotify account. Make sure that if you have multiple users on your computer delete Spotify from all of them. Then again login to your ID and the problem will be solved.
In this way, this highly persistent problem can be solved by following these methods. If one of them doesn’t solve it do the second one which will surely solve the issue and you will be able to transfer your data without missing out on anything.
This procedure is a fix to the issue of Spotify failing to migrate some of your data and will help you tackle it. It is also noted that mostly only windows users are facing this issue.
If you’re a musician, check out our Spotify services to boost your presence on the platform, gain more likes, views, and followers.
Moreover, if you’re a beginner on the platform, you certainly will face different issues or problems, so, for that explore our special section on Spotify to solve different problems.